Friday 3 April 2009

NPS apprehension

Well its finally come round to the first NPS of the year and I'm starting to feel a little bit nervous. It looks like the women's elite race will be something to watch, which is great, although it does make me think I need to be sure I can at least hold my own before I try and make the move up. People should definitely try and get to Sherwood early to see how the race unfolds. It's really great that all the girls are going to be racing at the same time. We have a great selection of girls racing elite now and a number of them I think are going to race in europe this year with a view to getting enough UCI points for us to have a 2012 olympic spot. I have thought for ages it was a shame no one was trying to do something about this so well done BC for finally listening, fingers crossed we get a slot!

It's also going to be great to watch the main men's race and means I can support Chris properly. He had such a good start last weekend at the Gorrick I really hope he can do the same this time round. The key is I think, not to think about the competition and just to focus on your own race, but this is easier said than done. I've done my fair share of googling!

I'm off to Nottingham in a few hours and we'll then head up to pre-ride the course at Sherwood Pines tomorrow. I fear its not going to be a massively technical course which means the pace will be high. I've done well on these kind of courses before but I am not sure I enjoy them as much as more technical ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment