Monday 18 May 2009

What a pansy!

I definitely feel like a bit of a wuss now. Although I have felt all week feeling like I've been beaten up it is clear that my injuries are not that serious and it looks like there were various other people who hurt themselves last weekend including Mel Spath and Jen O'Connor who both race in Elite. Mel definitely puts me to shame since she managed to race on Sunday even having spent a good deal of time in Scarborough A&E on Saturday too with a suspected broken collarbone. I think pre-riding earlier next time might be a good plan so we don't end up without a place to stay at midnight! Not that I plan on leaving A&E at midnight again if at all possible.

Having abandoned the race plan however, we did manage to do a bit of work on the garden at our new cottage. Well, Chris did some work and I moved things around with one arm and supervised! It's all coming together now and the pond looks so much better now we have removed the years worth of beech leaves from the bottom. In the process we've discovered hundreds of frogs, which have entertained Chris who seems to like to catch and pet them! The veg is growing well too. Rocket should be harvestable in the next week or two and we have courgettes, aubergines and tomatoes almost ready to be planted out in the newly cleared veg patch. Hopefully by the end of the summer we will be pretty self sufficient in veg. As it is we have rhubarb in abundance so will have to make some jam and puddings soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment