Wednesday 18 March 2009

Bad things come in threes...

Today's been a bit of a trial, it has to be said. I've been on tenter hooks since this morning waiting for a nice new hardtail frame to arrive with the couriers, but sadly i'll have to wait another day. It feels in a minor way like christmas has been postponed - i'm not someone who goes through loads of frames; when i find one i like i hang onto it and ride it until either me or it cracks; so getting a new one's a big thing to me. Never mind, at least it's going to come tomorrow, which is still really exciting - no doubt i'll get overexcited again, build it up tomorrow, and have photos on here by tomorrow evening! So anyway, that's disappointment number one.

Number two, i woke up this morning with a really bad sore throat - i was a bit snotty yesterday but this was definitely worse, so i'm now onto gargling antibacterial and gallons of lemon & ginger tea. I almost believed that i'd made it through winter without getting sick once, but alas it's not quite to be - at least it's not been like years gone by when i've gone down with throat infections like this time after time. Every time it happens, i wonder if i should have my tonsils out, and every time it goes away fast enough that i decide not to bother - maybe i should get it sorted when i have the time! Nah...

Bad thing number three came courtesy of Nottingham City Council, who towed my car away from right outside my parent's house! I moved it out onto the road so my mum could get out, and in my sickened state forgot to move it back in again before the 1pm parking regulations come into force. Apparently, the dreaded £70 fine has been replaced this week with instant tow-away, so at 1:09pm they towed "ermintrude", my beloved fiesta, away to the local pound. And then charged me £140 to get her back. I can write my sob story to them, and maybe hopefully get some money back - i sure as hell can't afford 140 smackers for such a stupid mistake!



On the plus side, thanks to those lovely folk at Paligap, i did get a new one of these today- it works perfectly, and i can read my HR as well as my power now without wearing my HR monitor separately. Hopefully tomorrow i'll wake up feeling a bit better, with a nice new frame, and my parking ticket will just be a bad dream. Even 2/3 of that would be nice....

No comments:

Post a Comment