Sunday 8 March 2009

Travelling and training

I would first like to add my welcome to anyone who interested enough to read this blog and thanks to Chris for setting it up and making it look so nice. Chris and I, well mainly me in breaks from writing my PhD, have been reading other people's and thought we would like to add our experiences to the pot.

I've not been in the UK for the past few days as I have been at a conference in Copenhagen. After an exhausting series of long days filled with interesting lectures and chatting to colleagues I returned this morning more tired than when I have been training hard. Well a different kind of tired! I planned to try and run once or twice when I was there but the weather was not good and I thought it best to preserve the little energy I had. One of the perks of having had a few days off the bike however, is that when I returned this morning I was raring to get going with my planned cruise interval session. I spent the day eating (for some reason I found fitting in eating enough very difficult at the conference, non athletes really don't eat as much as I need to now!), had a nap and got on the bike this evening for an exhilarating workout. It makes me really excited for the start of the season when I have a productive hard training session. Its not long now though and I can't wait. My first race is the Student Champs and its only a couple of weeks away. On that note I had better get some sleep ready for a hard days writing and training tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment