Sunday 15 March 2009

Spring has sprung



Spring arrived well and truly today and the weather was absolutely perfect for riding. Having had quite a few days indoors this week doing hard sessions on the turbo trainer it was absolutely wonderful to be outdoors. Chris and I rode together for the first time in a while as he was in Worcester to see "Waiting for Godot" starring Ian Mackellan and Patrick Stewart at the Malvern theatre with me and my parents (highly recommended by the way!). When he is about in Worcester he is always keen to cycle over to Malvern as he is somewhat addicted to riding hills and the Malverns Hills are some of the best you get in this area. The views are beautiful from the top, you can see into Wales on a clear day such as today, and the climbs up to them steep and pretty long for the UK. For some reason I don't often ride in the Malvern direction from Worcester so it was a different ride for me too. It was a great ride with both of us stripping down to short sleeves at some points and the big climb up to the Wyche cutting didn't seem nearly as hard as I expected it to! Hopefully the weather will stay this way for at least the next week.



After a family roast, I fixed a number of things on my training bike that have been needing doing for a while. A little bit of advice and supervision from Chris was required but eventually I had a slightly less broken rear wheel (this one just needs new bearings whereas the other rim was about the collapse!), well adjusted brakes and some new pads on the rear (this required a hacksaw as a previous attempt had rounded the bolts holding the pad inserts in!). All in all a productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment